At Bamboo this week, Community Central for SharePoint R1.1 was released to the storefront along with patches of Office to PDF Conversion Solution Accelerator and World Clock and Weather Web Part. For details about the new features of Community Central latest release, please see the release announcement blog post our Product Manager. And see below for all of the changes about this week’s release.
• Adds a Search enhancement to improve the relevance of search results excluding text in footers, menus, and other common page elements. See KB.12810 for more information.
• Provides blog and forum search engine support the FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint.
• Includes a new Upgrade Manager for R1.0 to R1.1 upgrades.
• Supports site collection creation using the Community Central Home site template.
• Includes updated scoring rule descriptions and additional scoring rules for improved statistics on user activities.
• Displays license status information, including a count of the current number of blog and forum sites.
• Includes the following components:
o HW21 List Rotator Web Part R2.5.70 (file version 20.5.70)
o HW24 List Rollup Web Part R5.0.174 (file version 50.0.174)
o HW28 Site Creation Plus R1.4.45 (file version 10.4.45)
o HW41I Rating Column R1.1.37 (file version 10.1.37)
o HW55 Navigators R1.3.35 (file version 10.3.35)
o HW63 Cross-Site Display Web Part R1.1.35 (file version 10.1.35)
o HW75 Discussion Board Plus R1.0.93 (file version 10.0.93)
• The forum’s title is not updated after changing and saving it in the List Settings page.
Notes for Customers:
• After applying the Microsoft June 2011 Cumulative Update, the Allow Half-Star Ratings checkbox in the Column settings for Bamboo Rating is not available when the Allow Individual Item Ratings to be Reset checkbox is selected. Applying the Microsoft December 2011 Cumulative Update resolves this issue.
• The Lock Topic and Mark as Sticky options are not available in the ribbon if a Discussion Board Plus list is added to a Web Part Page. The options are available in the Edit Control Block (ECB) menu.
• The view count for a topic is displayed incorrectly if Content Approval is enabled for the Discussion Board Plus list.
• Office to PDF Conversion Accelerator now uses License Manager Version 2.9 (32x and 64x).
• The setup program offers and installs the 32-bit version of License Manager on 64-bit servers.
• SharePoint Administrators can now select what weather provider the Web Part will use:
o MSN Weather Service
o Yahoo Weather Service
• In certain cases a “503 service unavailable” error message will display when clicking the temperature link.
No new Known Issues or Limitations