SharePoint Knowledge Base
Share knowledge, save time, and reduce cost with a centralized SharePoint information system
Overview of Features
is also affordable and easy to use.
End User Friendly
- Use Knowledge Base (KB) within a familiar SharePoint environment
- Work with easy-to-use interfaces, including Tree View web part
- Enable your teams to find what they need faster and cut back on admin requests
- Find critical information easily with a streamlined Q&A interface
- Speed up searches and save time with a quick-to-access archive of articles
- Set up relevant web parts with a configurable dashboard section
Easy Viewing, Editing & Sharing
- Choose between a quick view of an article in a pop-up window or simply click for full screen view
- Print and PDF exports include all article content, including related articles, links and tabs
- Make sharing articles faster and easier with “Email Article” functionality
Create & Organize Articles Simply
- Save and load article text templates when creating new articles
- Make the most commonly asked question and answers easy to find by using the “Sticky” feature to hold them in the favored list position
- Create and manage Knowledge Base articles from one location
Quick Search & Navigation
- Conduct quick searches across Article title and Article Text using the “Search All Articles” bar
- Show the parent categories of any category you are in and click straight through using the “Breadcrumb” feature
- Use expanded search criteria to quickly target specific information
Easy to Use
- Create and manage all Knowledge Base articles from one location.
- Manage permissions for articles and categories to ensure that only Administrators can view certain articles or categories.
- With the optional Workflow Start Feature with Workflow Conductor, create workflow approval processes for publishing comments and articles (available in SharePoint 2010 only).
- View reports and data views for Article Usage, Article Counts by Categories, Article Counts by Article Type and Ask a Question Report. Print or export the reports to Excel.
- Assign an expiration date to articles to ensure that the most up-to-date content is available to end users.
- The Questions and Answers section allow Administrators to mark questions as answered, mark as needing a KB and edit or answer the question.
- The “Sticky” feature allows you to hold commonly sought after content at or near the top of lists.
For End Users
- Search for content using expanded search criteria, such as AND, OR or MINUS (-).
- Submit questions to Knowledge Base Administrators.
- Print or e-mail articles to one or multiple recipients or export articles to PDF.
- Search all Knowledge Base articles using multiple search criteria, including age of article.
- Quickly view a list of articles recently added to the Knowledge Base or view the top 5 most popular articles.
- Submit ratings and comments on published articles using a 5-star ratings graphic.
- Display a tag cloud to enable end users to access the most viewed articles quickly by keyboard.
- Set up KB Client sites on separate site collections from the KB Admin site (within the same server).
- Add customized tabbed Bamboo KB Article list data to article content to provide end users with more pertinent information, including review date, article type or a custom column that you can add to the list.
- Show related articles, links and attachments at the bottom of the article content page.
Specifications & Requirements
Windows Server 2012 R2 or later; Microsoft SQL 2014 Service Pack 2 or later
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019
Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome, current shipping version, or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 (extended support). Other modern browsers are supported but not specifically tested.
64-bit edition of Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard or Datacenter
For database server: 64-bit edition of Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2016
Microsoft IE 10 or higher
64-bit edition of Windows Server 2008 R2 Server Pack 1
64-bit edition of Windows Server 2012 Standard or Datacenter
Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or higher
This product is available and fully supported as a perpetual license as an individual purchase. Non-Production environments are ½ price. Education and Non-Profit pricing is available, please contact sales.