Need to have a quick exchange with friends and co-workers but don’t want to start a formal discussion board list? With the Note Board Web Part for SharePoint 2013, you can quickly and easily post notes to your SharePoint site. In this post, we’ll walk you through how to add the Note Board Web Part to your SharePoint environment, as well as how to manage and post notes.
Add “Note Board Web Part” to your site:
- On the Edit Page, select the Insert Web Part tab. From there, select Social Collaboration from Categories, and then Note Board from the Parts list:
- Upon completing the steps above, you should see the following:
Manage your Note Board and post notes:
- To post a note to your Note Board, simply input text into the text box. Once completed, click Post and the note will be published.
- Please note that, as the author of a post, you are able to both edit as well as delete posts that you have made.
- Additionally, a user with Full Control permission on a site can delete their own posts, as well as posts other users which have been posted to the Note Board.
- Lastly, a user with Design permission cannot delete posts other users to the Note Board.
Set posting limits for your Note Board:
- To begin, go to the Tool Panel and click Modify Web Part. From here, you are able to adjust the settings for your Note Board, including its layout and note count:
- After you have configured your settings for posting set limits, you can click on Previous and Next to navigate through the different pages on your Note Board.
Want to know more about out-of-the-box Web Parts available for SharePoint 2013? Check out the complete series via the links below:
- How to Use the Script Editor Web Part in SharePoint 2013
- How to Use Microblogging in SharePoint 2013
- How to Use the Content Query Web Part to Rollup Data in SharePoint 2013
- How to Use the Tag Cloud Web Part in SharePoint 2013
- How to Use the Picture Library Slideshow Web Part in SharePoint 2013