As an engineer here at Bamboo, I have been learning SharePoint 2010 over the past year or so and, during that time, I’ve come across many helpful websites and resources that I’ve been adding to my “Favorites” all over the place. Today, I decided that rather than keep the links to myself, I should share the best, most useful of these resources with Bamboo Nation.
In doing so, I hope to create one quick reference point (more like a cheat sheet) that we can all use to reference while learning about SharePoint 2010. I hope that you will find these sites to be as useful as I have.
Do you have some favorite SharePoint 2010 resources that you’d like to share? Send the links over to me, and I will happily add them to this list. Maybe one day I will convert this blog content to a wiki page so we can all maintain the list together. Enjoy!
About SharePoint 2010
- SharePoint History
- SharePoint Server 2010 webcast
- Inside Microsoft SharePoint 2010 (book excerpt)
- SharePoint Products
SharePoint 2010 Installation
- System requirements
- Setting Up the Development Environment for SharePoint 2010 on Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008
- Installing SharePoint 2010 on Windows 2008 Server R2
- 10 Tips Troubleshooting Installations for SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Foundation
- SharePoint 2010 Developer Training Course
- SharePoint Practice and Guidance
- Welcome to the Microsoft SharePoint 2010 SDK
Certification and Training
- SharePoint 2010 Advanced IT Professional Training
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 MCPD & MCITP Certifications
re: Essential SharePoint 2010 Training Resources
I’d like to suggest that you add the USPJ Academy to your list of training options. You can read plenty more about us at http://uspja.com. While I’m on the faculty and part of the business, I truly belive that we are doing fantastic things to help people learn how to do SharePoint in the real world. We offer certification while we are in the process of becoming fully accredited; our aim is to offer degress in SharePoint.
Let me know if I can answer any questions for you about what we’re up to.
Also, I found Andrew Connell’s instructions for building a SharePoint 2010 VM to be really great. You have to register to get at it, but it’s worth it. www.criticalpathtraining.com/…/CriticalPathTraining_SharePoint2010_VirtualMachineSetup_v1.6.pdf