If you are an avid Discussion Board Plus user, you have no doubt already subscribed to some discussion board email alerts. This feature is great because it lets you know right away via email when someone has posted to a thread, replied to a thread, and more. One thing you may have noticed, however, is that when your email alerts are received, there are no pictures displayed. Instead, you will have a little box with a red “X” in it where the picture is supposed to be. This is a default security setting that can be easily changed by adjusting some options in your Microsoft Outlook mailbox. In this article, we’ll walk you through the
steps needed to show pictures received from Discussion Board Plus email alerts in Outlook 2013.
To begin, in your Discussion Board Plus email alert, click on the Connect to this Discussion Board button at the top of the page.
Click Yes to initiate the connection.
When prompted, input your username and password. Click OK.
Once connected, your pictures will load in your email message.
After you have loaded your mail, you may notice a Security Alert dialog box. A message will appear in the event that you have not chosen to trust the certifying authority.
In order to add the sender to a trusted sender list, you will need to do the following:
- Click View Certificate.
- In the View Certificate dialog box, select the General tab and click Install Certificate.
- When you click Install Certificate, the Certificate Import Wizard will open.
- To begin, click Next.
- Select Automatically select the certificate store based on the type of certificate radio button.
- Select Certificate Store Selected from the items listed in the box.
- Click Finish.
- In the Security Warning dialog box, click Yes to install the certificate.
- Once finished, you will receive a message that states that the Certificate Import Wizard has successfully imported your certificate.
- Click OK.
Once you have completed the steps above, your email alerts from Discussion Board Plus will automatically display pictures without any message dialog showing up.
If you are having problems connecting to Discussion Board Plus, the most likely issue is that you are not connected to the network that houses your Discussion Board Plus application. If the network is a work network that has a VPN, you will need to connect to the given network. Instructions on how to accomplish this are available in the blog: How to Connect to a VPN in Windows 7.