Reports which allow users to convey information through data visualization are a valuable tool to any organization. That said, it’s my pleasure to announce the release of Data-Viewer Web Part R3.5 for SharePoint 2010, a powerful component which will greatly enhance your reporting capabilities.
Bamboo Data-Viewer 3.5 allows users to quickly display data from a SharePoint list or library, SQL table/view, List Rollup Web Part, or Business Connectivity Services (BCS) without having to create special data views using SharePoint Designer. Just like the data views you can create with SharePoint Designer, Data-Viewer Web Part allows dynamic grouping, filtering and sorting, exporting of items to Microsoft Excel, and customizing the CSS or changing the Web Part skin. Additional features include the following:
- Display nested child SharePoint list, SQL table/view, or List Rollup data
- Perform inline editing of data, including SQL and List Rollup
- Apply conditional formatting and calculations to both the master data and the nested child data
- Access Lists and List Rollup data-views from all across your SharePoint farm (with the proper permissions, of course!)
Want to know even more? Our latest Data-Viewer Web Part release also provides the following all-new capabilities:
1. Expanded control over the columns displayed:
- Specify individual column widths – Manually give important columns such as item descriptions the room it deserves with a wider column.
- Column Aliases – “Column” might mean something different to each audience. Provide a column alias for your audience that will be using this instance of Data-Viewer Web Part.
- Improved column positioning – Similar to SharePoint Views, select what position from the left to display columns. Refresh the grid to reorder based on the defined position for ease of management.
2. Allow your end users to resize columns dragging the column header borders left and right when they interact with the Web Part. This will only affect their view and no one else’s.
3. Also in runtime, allow users to add and remove columns on-the-fly if they require additional details.
4. Allow Scrollbar – You can place Data-Viewer Web Part in the small space and, as a result, display scrollbars which allow the user to navigate within the grid content, leaving the Column Header and footer alone. If you do not want the column width to shrink, select the “Use Static Headers” option to allow the columns to span left and right beyond the limit of the Web Part borders.
As with all Bamboo products, we invite you to check out a 30-day free trial of Data-Viewer Web Part. We value our customers, and develop our product enhancements based on your needs and feedback. Adding the critical enhancements that you require in order to further increase your project management efficiency? That’s the Bamboo Way.